Revised and Updated with Bonus Chapter on Investigating Social Networks
Tools and Techniques for Solution
Driven Due Diligence
Business Background Investigations by Cynthia Hetherington, provides the blueprint to perform proper due diligence and competitive discovery intelligence when examining the backgrounds of businesses and the principals who run them.
This book is applicable to all professionals involved in investigations, including insurance and risk managers, attorneys, and security practitioners. This powerful resource teaches you how to become an accomplished researcher:
- Perform SWOT, CARA, and Value Chain Analysis.
- Investigate the backgrounds of corporate officers, partners, vendors, and customers.
- Find and use key industry information sources, media resources, and government affiliations in an investigation.
- Perform asset and lien searches on business entities and individuals.
- Research legal filings and company regulatory issues.
- Prepare effective investigative reports for clients.
“Hetherington’s Methods” can be immediately integrated into an investigative operation – resulting in tremendous savings of time, effort, and money.
The new 2nd printing has been completely revised and contains an added chapter on Investigating Social Networks.