The Public Record Research System (PRRS)
Do you make key business decisions that involve public records? The Public Record Research System (PRRS) is the most up-to-date and comprehensive public record source tool available. PRRS enables you to quickly reach government agencies and institutions that house public records.
PRRS is an ideal tool for pre-employment screening, background investigations, legal research and other professional investigations.
PRRS Includes 28,000+ Agencies:
- Agency Facts: office hour; time zone; web sites, types of records held.
Search and Access Facts: all methods of access; indexing; search requirements; have far back records are kept and available, online availability with comments on accuracy; when public access terminals are onsite; turnaround times.
- Privacy Facts: restrictions imposed on searchers or types of searchers; if signed releases or notarized statements are required; when records are redacted.
- All Fees: access, copy; certification; expedited; if credit cards are accepted; if personal or business checks accepted.
- Searching Tips and Idiosyncrasies: inside information on what you need to know about a particular agency holding records
- Plus Much More!
PRRS is the Direct Connect to these Seven Comprehensive BRB Databases:
1. County and Local Courts (12,542)
- 75% of criminal and civil courts provide online access to an historical docket index - but how good are these sites? PRRS includes analyzation of all state online judicial systems; if statewide, if on-site equivalent; all access methods.
- Nearly 80% of the courts now offer an onsite public access terminal (PAT). PRRS tells you which ones provide identifiers.
- Know which courts will or will not perform a clerk name search.
- Besides criminal and civil, find out about probate, eviction, small claims, traffic, town infractions, and family court records, etc. - and more!
2. Federal Courts
- The counties assigned to each Federal Court - or when not assigned
- How to obtain online records
- All about Multi-Voice Case Information Systems (VCIS & McVCIS), Electronic Case Files (CFE), and Federal Record Centers, EDGAR, etc. - and more!
3. Local Recorder and Assessor Offices
- Which agencies provide online document images
- When you need to hire your own onsite retriever
- Direct phone lines to county/city/parish agencies, etc. - and more!
4. State Agencies with Public Records
- Permit purchase of databases or customized lists
- Offer online access to records
- Offer record access by phone
- Require a signed release, offer expedited services, accept business checks, permit requesters to set up an account, etc. - and more!
5. 8,407 Occupational Licensing Boards
- 5,466 Web sites with credential lookups by name
- Direct phone lines for license status to complaints, violations, or disciplinary actions
6. Accredited Colleges and Universities
- Federal School Number
- Degree level offered
- How to verify a student’s degree, including if a National Student Clearinghouse school
- 900+ Diploma Mills are listed
- Over 1,000 referrals to name changes and closed schools going back 20 years
7. The County Locator
- Identifies the correct county location for 159,000 ZIP Code and place/city name combinations
- Identifies 9,000+ ZIPs that cross county lines
- Includes The Adjoining County Locator which lists adjoining counties plus population figures
$129.00 Annual Subscription
This flat rate is for unlimited access. Share the company log-in/password with others. You can have two users logged into PRRS simultaneously. Additional user programs are available for enterprise accounts - call 1-800-929-3811.
$11.95 Monthly Billing Option
Subscription fee is automatically charged on your credit card each month. Cancel at any time.
$12.95 One Month Service Option
Great for special projects.
Ala Carte is Also Available
Pick an individual database, choose an annual or monthly subscription:
- County Courts - $59 annual or $6.95 per month.
- County Recorders and Assessors - $29.00 annual or $2.95 monthly.
- State Agencies and State Occupational Licensing Boards - $29.00 annual or $2.95 monthly.
- Federal Courts - $29.00 annual or $2.95 monthly.
- Colleges and Universities - $39.00 annual or $3.95 monthly.
- The Ultimate County Locator - $29.00 annual or $2.95 monthly.
Activate a Subscription:
It only takes two minutes to activate your own subscription using a credit card. This is a secure site.
Click Here to Activate
Call BRB Publications at 800-929-3811 or email us