The Public Record Research System (PRRS)
Do you need to quickly reach government agencies and institutions that house public records? Do you want to know what is online - and how good the data is? Do you need to make key business decisions involving public record access?
The Public Record Research System (PRRS) is the most up-to-date and comprehensive public record source tool available. PRRS provides you the information you need to effectively work with 26,000+ government agencies and institutions that house public records. PRRS is ideal for pre-employment screening, background investigations, legal research and other professional investigations.
PRRS Includes 26,000 Agencies:
- Agency Facts: office hour; time zone; web sites, types of records held.
Search and Access Facts: all methods of access; indexing; search requirements; have far back records are kept and available, online availability; when public access terminals are onsite; turnaround times.
- Privacy Facts: restrictions imposed on searchers or types of searchers; if signed releases or notarized statements are required; when records are cloaked.
- All Fees: access, copy; certification; expedited; if credit cards are accepted; if personal or business checks accepted.
- Searching Tips and Idiosyncrasies: inside information on what you need to know about a particular agency holding records
- Plus Much More!
PRRS is a proven time-saver that will make you a public record expert! PRRS provides high value insight to help you make key business decisions involving public record access
The PRRS is the Direct Connect to the Seven Comprehensive BRB Databases:
1. County Courts
- 65% of court records are online - but how good are they? Includes analyzation of all state online judicial systems; if statewide, if on-site equivalent; all access methods.
- 70% of the courts offer a public access terminal - which ones provide identifiers?
- Which courts will perform a name search
- Besides criminal and civil, search for probate, misdemeanor, eviction, and small claims records, etc. - and more!
2. Federal Courts
- The counties assigned to each Federal Court
- How to obtain online records
- All about Voice Case Information Systems (VCIS & McVCIS), Electronic Case Files (CFE), and Federal Record Centers, EDGAR, etc. - and more!
3. Local Recorder’s and Assessors Offices
- Which agencies provide online images
- When do you need to hire your own onsite retriever
- Direct phone lines to other county/city/parish agencies, etc - and more!
4. State Agencies with Public Records
- Permit purchase of databases or customized lists
- Offer online access to records
- Offer record access by phone
- Require a signed release, offer expedited services, accept business checks, permit requesters to set up an account, etc. - and more!
5. Occupational Licensing Boards
- Websites with credential lookups by name (4,600+)
- Direct phone lines for license status to complaints, violations, or disciplinary actions
6. Accredited Colleges and Universities
- Federal School Number
- Degree level offered
- How to verify a student’s degree (verifications for 67% of the schools are not available from the National Student Clearing House
- How to obtain transcripts
- 900+ Diploma Mills red-flagged
- Over 1,000 referrals to name changes and closed schools going back 15 years
7. The County Locator
- Identifies the correct county location for 159,000 ZIP Code and place/city name combinations
- Identifies 8,000+ ZIP’s that cross county lines
- Includes The Adjoining County Locator which lists adjoining counties plus population figures
$124.00 Annual Subscription
This flat rate is for unlimited access. Share the log-in/password with others. You can have two users on PRRS simultaneously. Additional user programs are available for enterprise accounts - call 1-800-929-3811.
$10.95 Monthly Billing Option
Subscription fee is automatically charged on your credit card each month. Cancel at any time.
$12.95 One Month Service Option
Great for special projects.
Ala Carte is Available
Individual database access is an option. Fees range from $29 to $49 per year, depending on the database. The Subscription Page shows the prices.
To Sign-up for a Subscription
It only takes a couple of minutes to activate your own subscription; a credit card is required. This is a secure site.
Click Here to Activate
Call BRB Publications at 800-929-3811 or email us